Thursday, August 21, 2008

NSO...

NSO stands for New Student Orientation. Also referred to as Freshman Seminar. I think that it is a great class if you are just starting at college. It teaches you where everything is, and lets you get to know everyone in your class, and teaches you how college is different from high school. However, when I got to college, I just dove straight in, in the middle of winter, and winged (wung?) it. Now, 4 semesters and 66 credit hours later, with a 3.65 GPA they are making me take this stupid !@#@W#$#$%$%^$%^^& class to graduate. I am not a freshman, or a New Student. I am very pissed off at the establishment. Granted, it's only 6 hours a day for 3 days, but I could be making money to pay bills in that time, not sitting around with obnoxious 18 year olds with their reproductive organs between their ears. Grr, stupid establishment. Also, I won't be graduating on time because during my first semester, one of my hardest classes didn't count for anything. A 4 credit Psych class (which I got an A in) doesn't count towards dip for my degree. Freak. That, a dual credit French class counting towards nothing and getting married in the middle of a semester mean that I have to take an extra semester of classes. Welcome back to school!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Boy that really sucks. I hate stuff like that. Sorry.

That's all I got.

Sue said...

Reproductive organs between their ears? Maybe you should quit diving B! Avoiding things like this are what academic counslers are for!

Anonymous said...

It's a requirement to graduate!!! Trust me, my advisor is a really nice person, but there was no way to get out of it!! But it's over, and I have some funny stories from it. We will never be as nerdy as one of the conversations I overheard. Kudos to us.

B

Sue said...

I didn't mean I thought the academic counsler (sp?) could get you out of it. They are there to keep you from taking those classes that don't count towards your degree. I had to take the NSO class. It is really lame.