Sunday, April 28, 2013

Thuper Thecret Potht....

If you're one of the seven people who checks this on a regular occasion (oxymoron?), then you get to be privy to a little (like 4" long) secret... We're PREGNANT!!!!!! And if these past 5.5 years have taught me anything, it's that pregnant women can be obscenely obnoxious on Facebook. Well, they're just following their natural urges, but to those of us who don't "wash our underwear together and get pregnant"... it's obnoxious. So. I am going to be as obnoxious as I want on my blog. Because then it's a choice to follow my story.

We're 15 weeks tomorrow, whoo hoo!!! The first trimester hasn't been peachy... seven ultrasounds in eight weeks. For some reason, I kept bleeding. It started off small, and I'd rush to the doctor (who, btw, has been awesome in reassuring me, they've never treated me like I'm crazy or paranoid, because by this point, everyone knows I'm not), and we'd do an ultrasound and see a heartbeat, and kicks, and wiggles, and be all reassured and happy, and they'd say "don't do XYZ" so I wouldn't do XYZ, and a few days later, I'd bleed more. That's how it went. Three of those ultrasounds were routine, and four were preceded by hysteria. So the doctor is keeping a close eye on me. I go in for a check-up every two weeks (which the doctor wants to maintain throughout the pregnancy, yay!!), I was on Progesterone until 13 weeks, and we have lots of cute, grainy little pictures to reassure us. I've gotten to the point that I don't really believe my baby is still there unless we're in the middle of an ultrasound or a Doppler screening. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to feeling wiggles someday.

Anyways, I've gotten some pretty fantastic pregnancy brain and cravings. The first trimester, I couldn't get enough fruit. This is a picture of a typical grocery cart...


After this though, veggies got pretty gross. Luckily, Amy gave me her old juicer so I could chug some celery-carrot-apple juice down. 

Then, it turned to PIZZAAAAAA!!!!!! Matt did not want to go to our ward party just because they were serving pizza. I had seven pieces of pizza on my plate, and everyone who knew thought that was hilarious. It was pretty bad. I was going to write an "Ode to Pizza" post, but thought that might be a little obvious. 

These days... the weirdness has started. I was DYING for an American cheese grilled sandwich. Processed, non-cheesy disgustingness. So I bought a little 12 pack of preservative slices, and it has been amazing. And jalapenos. I cannot get enough. Normally, I like a little spice occasionally, but this is beyond anything I've ever known. Taco Bell Lava Nachos, Spicy Hula pizza, Subway sandwiches with extra jalapenos... I'm drooling. 

Also, a couple of instances of pregnancy brain... the other day, I brought home a case of toilet paper, and proceeded to put it in the fridge. Then, I was holding a really really newborn baby (I resisted the urge to steal her), and was asking her mother how many kids she had. She said eight, and I said "Oh.... is she the eighth?".... because maybe some people don't start counting the kids until they're a year old. That was my thought process. Oh dear. How am I going to survive the last semester of school?! 


Happy wiggles!!! P.S. Right after I took this photo (today, officially in a maternity skirt!), Matt was like "Wow, you're going to get huge if that's how much you're showing already!" Silly boy. He also HATES anything with an empire waistline, saying it looks too "maternity". But he turned to me a couple of weeks ago and said that he was probably going to start LOVING maternity wear on me, because of the implications. He really is the sweetest person, and soooo very excited to be a daddy. And who could ask for a more fantastic daddy?!

7 comments:

Willefam said...

Oh MY GOSH!!! I am SOOOO excited for you guys!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! And eat all you want- food cravings are something you'll always remember and laugh about later :)

Oh and tell Matt that the first little pooch is always the biggest progression until you suddenly 'pop' and are very much preggers- lol

I think you are adorable!!

Haley said...

So excited!!! Glad it's finally public, it's hard keeping exciting secrets. :) You look cute. Can't wait to find out what it is!!

Emily said...

Yay! It's public! I love pregnancy cravings- I think they're fun. I was ultra weird with spiciness too. I bought a bottle of red pepper flakes and shook them on my dinner like salt. I even tried to rationalize that it was a perfectly normal thing to do and I would do it if it occurred to me even not pregnant. The answer is no, you don't. Feeling the little flutterings and kicks is the best. Also finding out what you are having- I always really bonded with my baby after I knew what she was. And whichever of your friends used the washing the underwear together line- unfriend them please. *hurl*

Emily said...

Oh, one funny food craving story: late in my pregnancy with Elles, Rob and I were going to watch a movie and I went to the store to get snacks and when I got home I realized all I had purchased was 4 different kinds of licorice. It didn't seem weird at all to me at the store until I brought it home and saw the look on Rob's face.

B said...

That is GREAT! Oh man, all that licorice, I can imagine Rob wasn't thrilled. I have been putting red pepper sprinkles on everything too. Pizza, spaghetti, turkey sandwiches, yum!! And I've eaten two whole blocks of cheese this past week. I should probably cut back, but I started worrying about getting enough calcium, and sharp cheddar is amazing.

camandsue2004 said...

You look so cute pregnant! I am so excited for you guys and for me! I love nieces and nephews! Love the cravings and Em the licorice story is the best.

Sue said...

I hate it when it publishes my comments using my email address. Anyone know how to fix that?