Tuesday, May 21, 2013

More weird pregnancy stuff....

Ok, did anyone else have a completely stuffed up nose during pregnancy? I blow my nose every time I go to the bathroom, so approximately 1,567 times per day. My poor little nose is as dry as the Sahara. It's not allergies, because it started in January, and I'm currently on Claritin, and it's not a cold, because it started in January and I take about 8 times the daily recommendation of Vitamin C. I asked my doctor about it and he just looked at me like I was crazy, and told me it was a cold or allergies. I've read about a couple of things like this on the internet, but I'm learning not to trust the internet (*gasp*!), because they always leave out the "While this is a sign your baby is dying, it only occurs in .000000075% of pregnancies."

Also, I am struggling with a craving. A massive, mind melting craving where I have literally had to sit on my hands to keep from giving in to. I want coffee. I am no stranger to the nutty, rich goodness of a nice cup of coffee. My dad drank coffee growing up, and I liked to take sips of it to be like him (totally a daddy's girl). In high school, my friends and I used to go out for TCBY in the summer, and coffee in the winter (equal parts french vanilla and hazelnut creamer, YUM!!!). When I joined the LDS church, I gave up a few things, like cleavage-y, midriff showing shirts (aka 3/4 of my wardrobe), swearing like a sailor, and coffee. I've never really missed coffee until now. Now, I could French kiss a stranger to get a fix. Also, it doesn't help that my best friend is a coffee fanatic, and gets the REALLY good kinds of coffee, and her house smells like it a lot of the time. And before you suggest tiramisu, mocha flavored ice cream, or other such nonsense, let me just say that those all sound terrible, and the craving is really only for nice, warm, liquid goodness. *Sigh*. Baby, your mama is fighting a WAR for you.

In other news... I started my last semester of school. 6 weeks to fit in what we normally do in 16. It's going to be a doozy, but I will survive (I am scared, I am petrified, I've now got that song stuck in my head, but I'm alive). AND it's going to be my LAST SEMESTER!!!!! I'm hesitant to put ever, because you never know what craziness life will bring, so I'm just going to say LAST ONE FOR A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!




This is me, laughing in the face of last semesters. Apparently they're on the ground.  

Actually, it's an outtake from a recent "just for fun" photo shoot with my awesome (even if she drinks coffee in front of me) friend. I encourage you all to try something new (in my case, modeling) and laugh like an old lady (in an old lady outfit) at the results, good or bad. 

That is all. I'm starting to get loopy. Like Apple Jacks. And Cheerios. Coincidentally, I bought both of those today, because cereal is awesome and I like it and baby likes it. Mmmm, gonna go get me a bowl of Apple Jacks. Over and out.


3 comments:

Emily said...

Mucus overload while pregnant- absolutely. During my molar pregnancy (when all my symptoms were times 10) I actually bought breathe right nasal strips- but that mucus was weird like glue. Mostly it is just lots of blowing noses and clearing throats for me.
How about trying Sanka or the other one, I forget it's name. They are hot and smell something like coffee and it is often a Mormon substitute for the stuff. Sorry about that craving- hard to crave something you can't have.

Willefam said...

I had major cold symptoms and stuffed up noses with my pregnancies! Your membranes swell and as a result you can't breathe! I think it's good practice for the last trimesters when you can't breathe because the baby is sitting on your diaphragm :) Soo sorry you are having it rough with the cravings! That is the worst and I hope you find some relief (might end up being another crazy weird thing who knows! ) oh and cereal is ALWAYS good :)

Amy said...

I had mucus issues with all of mine, too. Mine was mostly an annoyingly thick coating on the back of my throat and drove Scott crazy with clearing my throat all the time. Especially at bed time when I was lying down. Hang in there!