Sunday, April 14, 2013

Oh mother, who art thou...

I just had a really funny experience involving my mother. My mother is a long story, but let's just say, in all most ways we are polar opposites. So anyway, last fall my mother's GED program that she worked for lost it's funding, and she had to be let go. This started a sad time in her life when she had to work at McDonald's, and couldn't buy birthday presents for her children (we are alike in that we love buying presents for people). I knew she felt terribly guilty about this, and today she came to make amends. Matt's birthday was recently, and she got him a present (long-burning candles and stormproof matches, she and her boyfriend are conspiracy theorists... like I said, long story), and she said there was another part to his present. So when she said today "I have a present for you" I figured it was this mysterious second part. She showed up with two gift bags full of purses, and said that one of them was for me. I spotted a pink lacy one and a zebra striped one, and silently prayed that the lacy one was for me. Turns out, it WAS!!


It's not my favorite ever, but I'll definitely wear it in public! (Unlike several other things she's bought for me *ahem* purple Crocs?!) Here's the punchline... My mom was delighted that I liked it, and then explained how she picked it out. She asked herself "Which of these is the ugliest one, that's probably the one Bronwyn will like"!!!!! I'm so glad she's finally figured that out. 

To demonstrate that this was probably the only purse in that store I would even remotely consider, I give you... the purses selected for my sisters.


Moriah likes purple, so she gets this classy little eyesore that made me want to die. 



I couldn't find a picture that resembled Keirwyth's purse (it's black with silver horses and too much bling) so here is a purse taken off of the store's Facebook page, demonstrating the level of taste.

This one is for Onnah. I tried to hint as hard as I could that I thought Onnah might enjoy something a bit more feminine...


So there it is. How disappointingly un-blingified mine is in retrospect. 

P.S. My mother's current purse is a patchwork number with sequined butterflies and purple horses. 

Disclaimer: I'm pretty sure my sisters' taste levels are more similar to mine, they're just much less vocal about it than I am. 


1 comment:

Emily said...

HAHA! That is awesome she figured it out and it actually worked! That purse is pretty cute (REALLY cute after seeing what it could have been). This posts makes me laugh and cringe.