Tuesday, June 4, 2013

McDonalds is so pointless

So today, we needed to get Matt fed lunch and off to work quickly, and he requested McDonalds. We normally don't eat there much, but he's redeveloped a palate for it after living with a picky co-worker for almost 3 months. And their chicken nuggets are the best around.

So we went and ordered, and had a  good giggle when Matt asked for "That sweet and spicy sauce that you have" and the girl listed off EVERY OTHER SAUCE (ranch, BBQ, spicy mustard, every other sauce that couldn't possibly be it), and finally, after all of us scratching our heads in confusion, her asking "Sweet chili sauce?". Then, when he got his nuggets, it was being advertised RIGHT ON THE CARTON!!

There's more though. Sometimes there's nothing better than a McDonalds cheeseburger. Sodium filled badforyou-ness. Matt got their regular double cheeseburger. I ordered a quarter pounder with cheese, because my guilty pleasure sandwich at Wendy's is a quarter pound single with cheese, and it is sooooo good. And guess what we discovered? Matt's sandwich was 440 calories, 1050 mg of sodium, 23 g of fat, all of that good stuff. It came with onions, pickles, ketchup, two patties, a bun, 2 slices of cheese... $1.69? It was good too, I had to have a bite. My sandwich was 520 calories, 1100 mg of sodium, 26 g of fat, it came with onions, pickles, ketchup, a single patty, a (sesame seed) bun, and 2 slices of cheese. $3.99?!????!!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK MCDONALDS?! Am I REALLY paying over double for SESAME SEEDS??!?!?! My sandwich was not even good!! It was dry and stupid and I had wanted tomatoes and lettuce and mayo, and all of the other good things that go on $3.99 burgers. So I'm mad. Mad at McDonalds for being so stupid, and yet being the largest fast food corporation in the U.S. Mad that I had a stupid lunch. Mad that I wasted over 250 calories (I could only stomach half and decided I would eat lunch at home) and $4 on a pointless burger when I could've had the same thing only better for less than half the price.

Stupid McDonalds. Stick to making crack-filled breakfast sandwiches that are half of our caloric intake for the day (Sausage egg and cheese McGriddle, just thinking about it gives me heartburn).

On another note, I discovered Subway mayo this week, and I think they should sell it in little packets that I can just squirt into my mouth. I might pull of a heist where the only thing I steal is their mayo. Ok, that was a gross mental image, but... seriously. It's so good.

1 comment:

Camie Rae said...

Ha ha oh my gosh I miss you. Also I used to work at subway. Mayo comes in bags as big as my head! And I feel like I've seen little subway mayo packets...I'm on it.