Thursday, January 13, 2011

WHO KNOWS HOW TO KNIT?!?!?!?!

Oh my goodness.  I may take up knitting just to make myself one of these. I need one so bad. It could never be topped at an ugly sweater party, ever. It's so awkward. I was looking at Awkward Family Photos (such a wonderful site), and came across this gem.


I was instantly in love/hate. Then I found this amazing steal...


Only $715, but sold out in all US and European stores... I guess it's a new fad, so I must not be too crazy. I found a Facebook group called The Horse Sweater, devoted to this sweater... 


I mean, look at the mane on the white horse. I could die. The only other awesome one I could find was this. 


I think that last one is my favorite, even if it is apparently for a child. There are buttons on the halters, and that fringe is just so... 3-dimensional. 

So, family and friends, I think I've found my calling for life. Or at least for this next year.  Scout and I will have matching horse sweaters by next Christmas. Probably not, but a girl can dream, can't she? 

3 comments:

Emily said...

This is a great post. I am wondering if I should even show it to Scout. Although you guys would be pretty cute galloping around in your horse sweaters.
The most puzzling one to me is the 700 dollar one! WTB?? I am trying to imagine some rich equestrian lady wearing that thing with a straight face.
I am going to join that facebook group right now.

Pops said...

I saw the photo at Awkward and had a laugh at the sweater. Nice post, B

Amy said...

I never knew such horrible things existed. And, I have lived in Wyoming for 17 years! B, lets keep it that way ;)