Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thank you...

We are finally getting around to finishing our thank you notes from our wedding.  It has been a 6 month process, with a few tears and raised voices (mainly from my end; I used to be the get stressed out queen, but the last month has been great!!).  Matt just said something rather mean about me getting stressed out, so I'm going to go punch him.  Matt just stole my cookie too.  And even if I am staring straight at him, and know that he is about to scare me, it still scares me.  I wish we had what just happened on video, it was a perfect example.  He looked at me, and smiled, and while I was hoping for a kiss, I got a loud scary yell instead.  But I love my Few-kitty.  I love his baby little heart.  He makes everything in the world fun, even me being a psycho hose beast.  And thank you notes.  I had never written a single one in my entire life (more about my *ahem* unique childhood later), and I thought they were pretty lame.  A good idea, but why couldn't I have started with my 7th birthday or something? Why did I have to start with 200 + wedding thank yous, mainly to people I don't know? Because I'm turning into someone who isn't my mom, and likin' it! (Danny Noriega head movements here).  So, that's part of my story.  I must finish thank you notes and go find out who the next American Idol is! 

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh, B I've got to tell you. I faithfully wrote out all of my thank you notes in the first month of my marriage and addressed them. We were REALLY poor that first summer and we couldn't afford the stamps, so I set them aside, I read that you have a year to get them out (etiquette wise), that was a dangerous thing to tell me, so I relaxed they sat on the bookshelf. Well, long story short I still have them!! All neatly done and addressed. It became too embarrassing to send them out, so I was thinking I should send them out with Christmas cards like around 2011 (ten years). The problem is, you are right, it is mainly to people I don't know. It would be funny though. I don't know what I am going to do with them.