Thursday, June 2, 2011

Joyeaux Jeudi

I got the idea from my lovely friend Stephanie (thanks Steph) to make a Thankful Thursday post. It was partially because hers was all about her husband, and I bippin miss Matt Wright right now. And, ya know, it just seemed like a good idea. SO. A whole bunch of reasons I'm thankful for Matt.



  1. Matt is kind of the funniest person on the planet. He is forever making me laugh, and making every person around him laugh, and making his entire family hysterical. Sometimes people don't understand, or want him to be "more mature" or something boring like that, but life with Matt is never boring. 
  2. On our wedding day, (totally true story) Matt's lawyer told me that no two days with him would be the same. That has proven to be completely true. I am not a huge fan of boredom, or same old same old stuff, so this is a wonderful trait to me. Most of the time :-D
  3. Matt really honestly truly cares for people. He is never fake, or indifferent, or two faced. He is such a sweet person, and can befriend and support people who I find insufferable. He is constantly teaching me about being a kinder person without saying anything. 
  4. Matt is a talented guy. He really gets into things, to the point that he can't leave it alone until he's satisfied with the way it's done. And not like "I want to learn how to paint flowers better, so I'm going to practice for an hour each day until I'm happy with how they look." He is like "Umm, why do I need to eat/sleep/shower? I am learning how to play the guitar." He went from not being able to play a note, to being able to play almost any chord in less than a year. He would play until his fingers got so raw that they started peeling and interfered with the chords. I am kind of the opposite in this, and get kind of "eh" with just about anything after a while. I really hope our kids are more like him in this.
  5. There are so many more reasons, so maybe this is "To be continued..." but Matt is my best friend ever, and makes me feel like I'm the most normal, intelligent, beautiful girl in the world. We have the best time together, and we have reached a point where, when we fight, neither of us want the other's feelings to be hurt, so we both work really hard to make it better, which just makes everything better. I can't believe that I get to be married to Matt Wright. It makes me so dang happy. 


Oh, and not only is he adorable...

 He also looks good in plaid (and, ya know, plays like a shredding hessian)...


Is adorable with children...







AND makes me laugh!!!!!


3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, that's so sweet and cute and funny and reminds me of all the reasons I love my brother, Matt Wright. You guys are awesome. Love you both!

Pops said...

Nice sensitive posting, B. I love Matt too.

Sue said...

My little brother Matt makes me happy. I love those pictures of him, especially the cowboy one. He is hilarious. I'm sure it is fun and strange to be married to him.