Saturday, October 16, 2010

Halloween Cookies

So, since we moved into our new apartment (upcoming blog about all the joy which that entails), I've discovered a  fondness for baking. I made some chocolate chip cookies which were pretty good, and I shared them with lots of people, and then set aside enough for the families of the two girls who I visit teach. I forgot to tell Matt, and since he liked my cookies, he ate most of the cookies for the smaller family. So the next day, I was going to make more chocolate chip cookies when Dallin came to me with two bags full of cookie cutters and asked me if we could do something with them. So I made some sugar cookies, and let Dallin and his little cousin Grace cut them out. They had a blast, and loved helping me roll out the dough. Grace picked out the bunnies and hearts, and Dallin picked the ghosts and pumpkins. I picked the ducks. Dallin is SO into Halloween right now, and has had his costume for almost 3 weeks. Their house is decked out with all sorts of things that terrify Grace, and delight little boys. Anyways, Dallin's parents didn't want that many of the cookies. I left them with a plate, and some blue and orange frostings and assorted sprinkles. Dallin's cookies had about an inch of decorations on them by the time I left. So I was left with all these sugar cookies in assorted shapes, and about an hour to decorate my own to take to the girl who I visit, so I just whipped up some colored frosting and spread it on them. Matt came in in the middle of my decorating and started laughing. He thought it was funny that I'd decorated ghosts and witches and cats and moons in Christmas colors. He also laughed really hard at my Gingerbread man, who he called the rock biter... He was a little uneven, since at the end I just smushed all of the dough into his mold, then flattened it out a bit with the rolling pin. It looked a lot funnier before he had frosting on him. Anyways, these are the Halloween cookies that weren't... Happy Halloween everyone!!!

No comments: